Community Customer Care Specialist
POSITION: Community Customer Care Specialist (“CCCS”)
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, days 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: 1301 10th Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411
CLOSING DATE: August 15, 2017
Phyllis Wheatley Community Center (PWCC), located in North Minneapolis, and established in 1924 provides comprehensive, quality programs in lifelong learning, child development, youth and family services for the diverse Greater Minneapolis community. The CCCS will support the internal infrastructure of PWCC. This position ensures smooth operations of internal administrative supports and deadlines. The CCCS will provide clerical and project support to the Administrator, and to other Coordinators as needed. The CCCS plays an integral part in record keeping and must maintain a high level of confidentiality. This position reports to the Administrator and salary is commensurate with experience and knowledge.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CCCS will provide quality customer service to PWCC’s guests, staff and clients. Duties includes:
• CCCS responsibilities – congeniality, with capabilities to answer the phone, and greeting the public in a courteous and professional manner, and respond to information inquires
• Screen and direct incoming calls; referring them to the appropriate individual in a timely manner
• Welcome and assist guests - all guests are required to sign in and out
• Maintain familiarity with PWCC programs, events and personnel and effectively direct visitors and callers
• Be prepared to implement communications procedures in the event of emergency
• Assist staff with mailings or materials preparation as needed
• Distribute incoming mail
• Assist with keeping the supply room orderly and clean
• Manage breakrooms, water plants, update community information board
• Update staff mailboxes and employee in/out board as needed
• Maintain confidentiality, including agency information, staff information and client information
• Ensure professional phone and in-person reception services are provided.
• Provide administrative/clerical support services in an efficient and timely manner.
• Coordinate administrative operations
• Order supplies and keep supplies and storage spaces organized and easily accessible
• Coordinate regular program data collection and reporting
• Manage tracking system and/or database for staff, clients, community partners, donors/funders, etc.
• Maintain knowledge of Agency’s programs, partners, and services.
• Coordinate and manage agency calendar
• Assist with writing and editing
• Run errands as needed such as delivering reports, make special purchases, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Associates Degree or higher education, a minimum of three year’s work experience with increasing responsibility as an Administrative Assistant or related field, or a combination of education and experience appropriate to carryout job responsibilities
• Ability to use a multi-line telephone system
• Knowledge of and respect for client confidentiality
• Ability to work/communicate effectively/respectfully with people from many cultures, nationalities and groups.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, diverse office environment
• Knowledge and sensitivity to psychosocial/economic/physical conditions affecting applicants/participants.
• Knowledge of agency and community resources
• Ability to make appropriate referrals for all callers and guests
• Ability to perform, coordinate and manage complex technical, and/or specialized office, administrative and support work
• Ability to manage time, set priorities, meet deadlines, organize, and maintain accurate and complete records
• MS Office skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency, Word Processing, Webpage updates, provide original correspondence, database initiation, database maintenance, editing and reporting
• Capability to type 60 WPM, format documents, and create spreadsheets and presentations.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including editing and proofreading skills
• Successfully pass a background study
BENEFITS AVAILABLE (depending upon eligibility and policy):
Paid Vacation Optional Health Insurance Short and long-term disability
Paid Holidays Optional Dental Insurance Automatic Payroll Deposit
Paid Sick Leave Life Insurance
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Lutunji Abram, MA - Administrator
Phyllis Wheatley Community Center
1301 Tenth Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411